Introducing Nuxt 3 Beta
468 days after the first commit, the Nuxt 3 beta has finally arrived. Discover what's inside and what to expect from it. Yes, it includes Vue 3 and Vite ⚡️
We are excited to open source Nuxt 3 after more than a year of intense development. The repository is available on GitHub on nuxt/framework under the MIT license.
A new foundation
In production, it builds your Vue application and server into one universal
Bonus: this server engine can be used on existing Nuxt 2 projects with Nuxt Bridge 🚀
Head over the Nuxt 3 homepage to learn more about Nuxt Nitro and Nuxt Bridge.
Nuxt 3 is currently in beta, so expect things to break (and be fixed quickly). We have plenty of work left but we want to open it publicly to gather feedback and contributions from the community 💚
Do not use it for production until we reach the first release candidate.
During the beta, almost every commit will trigger a new npm release; you may want to look at the merged pull requests until we begin generating automated changelogs in the documentation.
We are working every day to improve the documentation, explaining as much as possible all the concepts, features and usage of Nuxt 3.
Check out the community section of the Nuxt 3 website for getting help, reporting bugs or contributing to the framework.
Here some major milestones we've achieved on the way to Nuxt 3:
- Jul 2, 2020: Nuxt 3 first commit with full TypeScript rewrite
- Aug 7, 2020: Webpack 5 support
- Sep 15, 2020:
- Oct 29, 2020: Vue 3 support with bundle-renderer
- Nov 2, 2020: Nuxt Nitro initial work
- Jan 22, 2021: Initial Vite support
- Feb 4, 2021: Nuxt can deploy on major serverless platforms
- Mar 6, 2021: UnJS organisation created on GitHub
- Mar 28, 2021: Init Nuxt Kit and Nuxt CLI (nuxi)
- May 20, 2021:
- Jun 30, 2021:
- Jul 15, 2021: Native ESM support
- Aug 10, 2021: Auto import of composables and components
- Sep 5, 2021: Init Nuxt Bridge for improving Nuxt 2 experience
- Sep 7, 2021: Support Vite build for production
- Oct 11, 2021: Add
So far, we've merged 385 pull requests, closed 229 issues and made 925+ commits.
We are excited to hear your thoughts and we thank you for your patience.
Now you can go over the Nuxt 3 documentation 😊
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about Nuxt!